Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two Bits of Good News

Today brings good news on two fronts. First, the blood pressure in Jack's left arm has increased slightly which MAY indicate that a clot in the artery is being diminished by the medicine he is on. Tomorrow's Doppler scan will reveal more on that front. In any case, it is a little more positive than the "stable and waiting" position we've been in for the past few days.

Our second bit of good news is that Tim and I are making preparations to have Xavier join us here...perhaps as early as Sunday afternoon! It has been less than a week since I laid eyes on him but I crave his presence.

Tim and I checked out the Sibling Place here at TCH. It is a daycare-like, supervised play center open for a few hours three days a week. Its mission is to help parents of NICU babies have a nearby place for their other kids while visiting. We met one of the caregivers who was very friendly.

We also found a small outdoor courtyard connected to the RMH here in the hospital.
Between the other kids, the pretty nurses, and the available food here, I am sure Xavier will have a good time hanging out with Mom or Dad while the other one of us is with Jack or busy with other day-to-day stuff like napping. I think we are all looking forward to just sitting down to dinner together again as a family. Simple pleasures indeed.

2 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

Oh- I'm so happy you will all be together! I know you will feel so much better having Xavier with you. We are continuing to pray for you. Love you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What awesome news! Having your family all with you I'm sure will bring more joy and comfort to you and Tim.

Yea for increased blood pressure! It's moving in the right direction.

Our prayers continue for all of you.

Love,
Bobby and Mary Jane