Well, it's official. I've got one more week until my scheduled C-section and I've given up any pretense of fashionability. Since about my 30th week of pregnancy my OB has marvelled at my large fundal size. I'm pretty much normal in the legs and arms, and I am told that from the back you can't even tell that I'm pregnant. My profile, however, clearly shows a baby waiting to be born. At 37 weeks, I have the tummy size of a mother of twins in week 42.
All of my maternity pants, including the sweatpants, are too binding now when I sit down. So I've resorted to wearing all skirts. This poses two fashion delimas. First, all three of my skirts are summery, peasant skirts. One of them is even *gasp!* white! Second, because the skirts flow away from me as do the remaining shirts (all fall tones of course) that cover my belly adequately, I look huge. Seriously, it is as if I'm wearing a multi-part, mismatched burqua minus the head scarf.
I held out as long as I could but Sunday I threw caution to the wind and just embraced the hilarity of it all. You should have seen what I wore to mass. No, I haven't taken any photographs and no, I don't plan to either. You'll just have to imagine it!
1 comment:
This post is hilarious! Unfortunately, I did not gain weight in just my belly. But I can empathize with the comic hugeness, even though I was more completely round than cylindrical. I can't wait to see your birth announcement--I'm sure you can't, either! Love, K
Post a Comment