Thursday, September 09, 2010

Summer Images

As we near the end of the summer (which I prefer to mark at the autumnal equinox) I thought I'd share a mish mash of things that were still on my camera as we headed up to Iowa.
A photo of the okra blossom. Our okra plants really produced this year--enough to make several pots of gumbo! I hated to pull them up before we left for our trip.
These beans were pretty but didn't really produce much before it was time to leave. I think I planted them too late or expected the harvest too early. Boys playing chase in the clothesline.








Playing with paper dolls on a rainy day. Jack liked to decapitate his while Xavier preferred to just separate and rejoin his with tape.


All the kids one Sunday before Mass.

Xavier in his "house" made of laundry baskets.
Xavier at swim lessons. Bless his heart, Xavier was the smallest and youngest one in his class. He seemed to enjoy the water but didn't understand most of the instructions. Needless to say, he will repeat this class next summer!




No comments: