Thursday, March 12, 2009

Room Changes

This week is spring break for my husband and we've been spending the time changing rooms around, making repairs, and culling stuff to donate to Goodwill. Xavier and Jack now share a room in theory--Jack really still sleeps in our room. We set up the second crib for Jack, converted Xavier's crib to a daybed, and put the majority of the toys in the larger of the two kids rooms. We also got a waterstain on the ceiling repaired by professionals, no small task given the high demand for qualified, bonded contractors around here.




The old nursery is now Hunter's room which also serves as a guest room when she isn't here. She arrives for her spring break this weekend. Tim and I have given her a budget to deorate and personalize her room. At this point, all I know for sure is that lime green paint will be involved! She loves HGTV and sometimes toys with the idea of becoming an interior designer so she is looking forward to her first project.




Together Tim and I built shelves in what will now be my craft/office/education closet. They still need to be painted and I need to do a bit more organizing but I wanted to get things out of Hunter's room ASAP so she has a clean slate to work with.


Our bedroom now has the old bookshelf which Tim is using as a bedside table as well. I stashed the rocker in the corner and have a makeshift computer nook/place to rock the baby. It's a little crowded in here right now but that will change in a few months when Jack moves into the boys' room and we can take down the pack-n-play.


The only things left to do after Hunter's visit and room redo is replace the trim around the back door and replace the carpet in the living room.

1 comment:

Rosslyn Elliott said...

It's that spring-cleaning time of year! My total effort thus far has been switching the location of two beds.

Speaking of beds, I like Xavier's! How does he like it?