Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!



I spend most of yesterday evening revamping Xavier's Halloween costume. It was supposed to be a peanut. I bought a giraffe print fabric thinking it would be sufficiently peanut-like. I made a cute little sleep sack like shape but it wasn't peanutty enough in shape. It did, however, look like a costume and not just a clothing item. I thought about making a tag that said "Found a peanut!" but thought that a costume that needs an explanation was pathetic. So after much eyerolling and sighing, I decided to make a little hat with ears and horns and make him a giraffe. Happy Halloween.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sorry Susan, I don't see the peanut! I love the giraffe though. Kinda reminds me of the saying, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." I agree with the comment about any costume which needs an explanation is pathetic. I can just feel you going through the solution to the peanut problem. Great outcome, I think. And by the look on Xavier's face, he seems to have approved too!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Cute pictures=]]
Sorry i didnt get your christmas card till today=]]
He is sooo adorable and lo9oks just like you=]]
Cant wait to come and visit
I love you and tell Tim,Hunter,and baby Xavier I said hi!!!!
Love Maura=]]