Monday, July 20, 2009

Views from the Hidden Homestead


Clockwise from upper left:


  1. The compost bin that Tim and I built. It holds over 54 cubic feet of compost.
  2. My garden clogs and well worn gloves ready for 5 minutes of work here and there.
  3. Baby clothes hanging in the sunshine.
  4. Clothespin basket.
  5. Reissentraube heirloom tomatoes.
  6. Bird bath left by previous owner. A favorite stalking spot for the local cats.
  7. Hand tools for spot gardening.
  8. Birdhouse painted by Lexy.
  9. The potted herb garden which provided basil for tonight's pesto.

We love our backyard! It is beautiful and functional. I hope to extend the vegetable garden into another bed. Of course our front yard is a fright. Just your standard shrubs and desperately in need of weeding.

3 comments:

Rosslyn Elliott said...

I love your photo collage, and the beautiful *greenness* that dominates the photos. Much as I love the NM weather, I do miss grass and foliage.

Laurie Kolp said...

I'm so happy for you, Susan. Being a homemaker and mother is not easy, but you give it all you've got and it shows. You are a remarkable woman and I am proud to have you as a friend!

Love~ Laurie

Laurie Kolp said...

Check out my blog- you have an award there! Love ya!