I've taken to calling Xavier the "toddler" and the babe in my belly the "baby" for clarity's sake. I have to admit that each day Xavier is becoming more toddler like and less babyish. Perhaps the biggest transition is weaning process. After I reached my goal of nursing for at least the first year, I decided to gradually let Xavier take the lead on the weaning process. The homemaker lifestyle allows for a certain amount of flexibility when it comes to transitions and I planned to take full advantage of it.
We've slowly cut out wake-up and bedtime nursing and are slowly working on eliminating nursing to nap. Today was the first day he napped without a car ride or nursing. Big step for both of us.
Other toddler-like behavior of late:
- drinks from a juicebox
- climbs the playground equipment
- helps clean up messes
- can eat with a spoon and fork when motivated
- enjoys coloring
1 comment:
Xavier is so cute. I can't wait to come and visit you guys again once school starts (a week and a half, but who's counting?).
Post a Comment