Is there anything sweeter than sloppy, open-mouthed baby kisses? Lately Xavier will kiss his lovey or a stuffed animal when I suggest it but balks when I request kisses for myself. My theory was that since we spend almost every waking moment together, Mom-kisses got old quickly.
Well, Saturday afternoon and evening I was away from home and the babe while I participated in our Texas County Caucus (72% for Obama by the way). Xavier and Tim had some quality father and son time while I got to know some of my neighbors much better over the course of seven hours of mostly sitting and waiting.
The reward the next morning was priceless. Tim usually brings Xavier into bed with us in the morning so we can all get a few more minutes of sleep. This Sunday though, Xavier was so excited to see me that he kept kissing my cheeks until I woke up. Sloppy and adorable all at the same time.
Oh, and yesterday, he gave me a zerbert on my shoulder and we both giggled and giggled until he did it again.
2 comments:
That is so cute! But also a sign that he definitely knows that kisses are valuable currency! Maybe you should try ignoring him more :)
This brought back good memories. I remember the fond regret I felt when Brooke finally learned how to really give a kiss, instead of just advancing with open mouth.
:-)
Post a Comment